In the wake of technological advancements, it has become way easier to keep a check on body temperature. We can easily use thermometers to measure temperature and check if anyone is suffering from fever. However, we often get confused when it comes to buying a thermometer. If you are looking for the best thermometer review then keep reading this article.
Thermometer – A Greatest Medical Invention
A thermometer is a medical device that can be found in every home. We began to get to know it from early childhood. We know that thermometers are usually in mercury models which can be very dangerous if damaged.
Well, we often struggle to find answers to the following questions:
- There are many modern models on the market today, but what is the best medical thermometer?
- How to choose a thermometer that will measure the temperature not only correctly, but also quickly and safely?
The Purpose of the Thermometer
We all know that a thermometer is used for temperature measurement ..
So, in accordance with this, the thermometers are used as:
- Medical Instrument as it is designed to measure the temperature of the patient’s body. On sale you can find devices intended for adults and baby thermometers . The latter are designed to measure temperature in babies, do not contain mercury and use the latest technology to work quickly without any discomfort for babies. Some models are made in the form of a nipple , so they are suitable even for babies.
- Household device to determine the temperature of water or air . They are installed at home or used in the bathing process of babies, so their design is always bright and positive. Some models can connect to a smartphone which expands the range of use.
Let’s take a closer look at medical thermometers. Before buying, it is worth knowing that the temperature can be determined by several methods.
This is not only the traditional axillary measurement but also the frontal or ear models. Thanks to the latest developments in technology, the temperature measurement process has been facilitated or shall we say “leveled-up”.
Which Thermometer Technology is best?
It can be noted that modern developments have practically replaced the old mercury thermometers, and their place was taken by:
Temperature measurement is carried out using special thermistors, the resistance of which directly depends on the temperature of the environment in which they are located. The readings obtained are displayed on the display located at the opposite end of the thermometer. With this thermometer, you can measure the temperature in all familiar places. The average measurement time is three minutes, but to obtain more reliable data, this time should be increased to 5-8 minutes.
Among the main and additional functions of such a thermometer, it is worth noting:
- The presence of a sound signal that will notify about the end of the measurement.
- The backlight will make reading comfortable even in the dark.
- Memory will help you compare previous readings with new ones.
- Some models are equipped with the ability to change the measurement scale from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
- The waterproof case makes it possible to take measurements in water and makes the thermometer immune to sweat.
- The flexible measuring tip will make the use of the thermometer comfortable even for children.
Such thermometers are still a novelty but have already gained popularity for the possibility of contactless temperature measurement. The temperature is measured with a very sensitive infrared sensor. To do this, you just need to bring the thermometer close to the body, and after 5-30 seconds it will display the body temperature. These models are especially popular with parents with small children, especially babies.
Such thermometers can be equipped with:
- Sound signal about the end of measurement and temperature rise;
- Memory for the last few measurements;
- Waterproof housing , which will increase the service life and allow disinfection.
TOP 5 Thermometers Rated in 2021
- Non-contact infrared thermometer Medisana FTN
- Infrared thermometer Sensitec NF-3101
- Ramili ET3050 (Infrared Forehead Thermometer 2 in 1)
- Infrared non-contact thermometer Laica SA5900
- Ramili ET3030 Infrared Thermometer
Medisana FTN – Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
The Medisana FTN thermometer does not require direct contact with the patient’s skin. Allows you to measure temperature in any state, including during sleep. This is especially true for children who are often uncomfortable with this procedure.
With the help of infrared radiation of the skin, the data is transmitted to the lens of the device and formed into temperature values. The data obtained by scanning the superciliary area are highly informative.
This thermometer model allows you to obtain data on the temperature of water, air and any surfaces.
The display is bright and large. The device notifies of the end of the measurement with an audible signal. The thermometer has a built-in memory function for the last 30 measurements.
|Ideal for:||contactless, water, air, frontal, children, electronic, infrared, multifunctional|
|Mode of application||contactless|
|Measurement method:||By forehead|
|Units||celsius ° C|
|Temperature Measurement||0 ° C – 100 ° C|
|Measurement accuracy||± 0.2 ° C|
|Requirements||2 x 1.5 V batteries, type LR03, AAA|
- Fast measurement
- Sound signal
- The ability to measure the temperature of air, liquids, surfaces
- Storage case
Sensitec NF-3101 – Infrared thermometer
Electronic infrared thermometer Sensitec NF 3101 is used to measure body temperature in adults and children in the forehead and temporal region. Such a digital non-contact thermometer is convenient for measuring body temperature of young children while sleeping or playing. In addition, you can measure the temperature of various surfaces, bathwater (only without immersion!), Baby food, room temperature, etc. Can be used at home, in schools, kindergartens, health care facilities, etc.
It is convenient to carry out mass temperature measurements in teams, since the result is displayed almost instantly, while the thermometer does not require disinfection (non-contact method).
Read the instructions carefully before use! Do not use the device near sources of high electromagnetic radiation (wireless sources, cell phones). Do not immerse the device in water or other liquids!
|Ideal for:||contactless, electronic, infrared|
|Measurement range||0 — 100 °C|
|Automatic shutdown time||7 seconds|
|The sound signal at the end of the measurement||Present|
|Number of memory cells||32|
|Measurement error||0.1 °C|
|Battery type||batteries 2 x AA|
- Body or surface temperature mode
- Measures with both Celsius or Fahrenheit unit
- Memory for the last 32 measurements
- Backlit LCD display
- Automatic saving of data
- Auto power off
Ramili ET3050 – Infrared Forehead Thermometer 2 in 1
The temperature is measured in a non-contact way in the forehead area at a distance of 5 to 8 centimeters. Thanks to the measurement of body temperature in this way, the child will not be disturbed during sleep, and the accuracy will be ensured thanks to a modern, technologically advanced temperature sensor.
|Ideal For||contactless, frontal, baby, infrared|
|Measurement time||1 second|
|Measuring distance||05 – 08 CentiMeter|
- Fast measurement
- Color indicator of temperature
- Large backlit display
- Sound and light warning about temperature
- Save the last measurement
- Measuring the temperature of devices
Laica SA5900 – Infrared Thermometer
The Laica SA5900 thermometer helps to measure the temperature of the body, water and food in a non-contact way.
It uses the latest infrared technology, so it detects the temperature in a few seconds. The device is quite versatile and multifunctional. In the process of its production, the best materials and highly reliable components were used.
For ease of use, it is equipped with a backlit display and a shutdown function if you forget to turn it off yourself. The thermometer does not take up much space, it is resistant to accidental damage if you accidentally drop it on the floor.
|Ideal for||contactless, water, air, children, electronic, infrared, multifunctional|
|Memory||last 32 measurement results|
|End of the measurement signal||Available|
|Auto power off||Available|
|Packing size||20x8x6 cm|
- Instant temperature measurement
- Shockproof housing
- Compact dimensions
- High precision of work
Ramili ET3030 Infrared Thermometer (For Children)
Ramili ET3030 thermometer is used for quick measurement of body temperature. The device is convenient for determining the temperature in children, the procedure does not cause anxiety, is painless and requires little time.
This thermometer works on the basis of infrared radiation. The measurement is taken through the ear opening or forehead. Memorization of the last result is provided. The large LCD display shows the indicator of the measurement method, body temperature in specified units. The backlit display makes it easier to diagnose at night.
This thermometer comes with a stand and a protective sturdy case.
- Best For Children due to its childish design
- Simple usage
Let us conclude our article on a note that “If you want to buy the best thermometer to measure temperature and check fever then no-contact infrared thermometers or digital thermometers would serve you the best”.
Also, check UV disinfectant stick reviews and get best for you.