Cloud storage allows you to keep a large number of files in a remote data storage. They eliminate the need to carry a USB flash drive with you, save space on your hard drive, and are convenient for sharing files with friends and colleagues.
In this article, we will analyze Top 3 Best cloud storage that are relevant in 2021 but before that we shall answer few question regarding Best Cloud Storage.
What to look for when choosing a Best Cloud Storage
The most important functions and capabilities of the services:
- storage size;
- additional features;
- amount of free space;
- recovering deleted files;
- the degree of data protection;
- the ability to view and edit files inside the repository;
Best cloud storage Review
1. Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage from Google. In it, you can edit files, provide access to colleagues to collaborate on documents, spreadsheets and presentations. The service is linked to other Google tools Calendar , Tasks, and Google Keep. It is one of the most popular services for working with documents in the cloud.
|Storage sizes||15 GB, 100 GB, 200 GB, and 2 TB.(Depending on Package)|
|Free space||15 GB|
|Cost||from $ 1.95 per month or from $ 19.95 per month and up|
|Language||It Supports Almost Every Languages|
- There is integration with popular services: Slack, Autodesk, Adobe, amoCRM and add-ons for documents (over 100). For example, you can add emoji to Google Docs, icons, charts and shapes without leaving the document.
- By subscribing, you can get up to 10% cashback when buying any device in the Google Store, points on the Google Play balance, discounts when booking rooms in hotels and much more.
- You can search for files not only by name, but also by the content of the document.
- Ability to set the degree of privacy of the document (can be opened for reading, commenting or editing).
- You can work with documents offline.
- High data security: encryption via HTTPS protocol, Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) algorithm, use of double RSA-2048 encryption keys.
|There is a separate Google One service for working with tariffs.||The speed of uploading files may drop when they are large.|
|Ability to set up automatic backups for different applications||When downloading multiple documents, it takes time to prepare the archive.|
|Downloading several storage units in a common archive.||The tariff is more expensive|
|Automatic anti-virus check before downloading files.||—|
|There are clients for all stationary and mobile platforms.||—|
|Automatic encryption of data uploaded to the server.||—|
Yandex.Disk is a competitor to Google Drive from the Yandex search engine. It was just a cloud service for storing files, but now it has similar functions – working with documents (Microsoft Office Online) and sharing files and folders. There is also integration with other Yandex services.
|Storage sizes||10GB, 100GB, 1TB, and 3TB.(Depending on Package)|
|Free space||10 GB|
|Cost||$2/month, $10/month, $30/month|
|Language||English, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian|
Additional features :
- Desktop version of Yandex.Disk for working on a computer.
- Ability to automatically upload photos from your phone to the cloud.
- Built-in screenshot editor.
- Downloading files from public pages, even if the limit is exceeded (at the PRO tariff).
- In the paid version, you can see the history of file changes for 90 days.
|Favorable rate for additional space||Lack of two-factor authentication.|
|There are clients for all stationary and mobile platforms.||The minimum amount of free space given out for free.|
|Automatic anti-virus scanning of files up to 1 gigabyte in size.||The tariff is more expensive|
|Automatic encryption of files uploaded to the cloud. |
True, the developer does not say by what algorithm they are encrypted.
Dropbox can be called the third most popular service after Yandex.Disk and Google Drive. In addition to storing files, there is a function of synchronizing data in real time from any device and the ability to send large files of 2 GB and 100 GB (depending on the tariff). The service has functionality for collaborating on files.
Files can be shared even with non-Dropbox users.
|Storage sizes||2 TB, 3 TB, 5 TB, unlimited at the most expensive plan.|
|Free space||no, but there is a trial plan for 14 days|
|Cost||from $ 11.99 per month for personal use and from $ 19.99 per month for business.|
|Language||Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Dansk, Deutsch, English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Español (España), Español (Latinoamérica), Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk (bokmål), Polski, Português (Brasil), Pусский, Svenska, Українська [Beta], ไทย, 中文（简体）, 中文（繁體）, 日本語, 한국어|
Additional features of the service :
- The function of remotely erasing data on a lost device. If you lose your phone, tablet or laptop, you can delete the data on this device and not worry about it falling into the wrong hands.
- Optical character recognition in scanned documents. Convenient if you need to find information without opening all the scans on the disk.
- Ability to recover deleted files within 30 days (for Dropbox Business users within 180 days).
- Collaboration tools: team administration, Dropbox Paper, version history and file actions to track team progress, comments and notes form, document scanning function.
- Integration with other services: Trello, Zapier, Salesforce, Slack, Gmail, Outlook.
- There is software for the PC.
- Built-in HelloSign e-signature tool.
- Automatic data backup function.
- Tools for data security: the ability to set the degree of privacy of the document, the option to restrict file downloads, password protection of content, set the expiration date for access to files.
- 256-bit AES encryption and SSL / TLS encryption for file security.
|Fast download and upload speeds supported in all regions of the world.||When you register, you get only 2 gigabytes of workspace.|
|Integration with Office365: text documents, presentations, tables can be created and modified right in the “cloud”.||High rates for additional space: From $ 9.99 / month for 2TB to $ 20 / month for unlimited space.|
|Extreme simplicity of mastering working tools.|
Cloud services are a useful thing. They do not take up space and do not need to be carried around like a regular flash drive or external hard drive. They cannot be lost (the main thing is not to forget your username and password), they are reliably protected (again, if you don’t distribute your registration data to the right and left) and you can use them to exchange files remotely in a couple of clicks. An important plus – with cloud storage, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your files if the gadget is lost or the hard drive on your computer breaks down.
Also Learn About How to Upgrade and Install Windows 11